Why choose the Early College High School program at Northeast?
- Students can earn tuition-free, college credit that also satisfies high school requirements.
- Depending on when students start the program, they can earn an associate degree at the same time as their high school diploma.
- Students start courses at ACC once they meet college-readiness standards. If college-ready, students may start college courses their freshman year.
- Students attend college classes during the day either at Northeast or at an ACC campus.
- Students can access ACC support services including college advising, career counseling and free tutoring.
- Northeast Early College High School is an outstanding value and investment of time and effort for our students. At Texas colleges, the average cost for 60 hours of college credit is $23,458. The cost for Northeast Early College High School is $0! There is no cost for tuition, transportation or textbooks.
This amazing program offers:
- Enrollment in ACC dual credit classes at NO COST to the student or family
- The opportunity to complete an Associate Degree in General Studies (60 credits) or the Core Curriculum (42 credits)
- Enrollment in college readiness and academic support class (AVID)
- Core classes that still allow for participation in most elective classes
- Regularly scheduled meetings for parents and students to discuss academic progress and learn more about the program
- A full-time staff member to serve as program coordinator and the student's full time advocate